I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 16 - Private Idaho

Over the hump as it were.... Today is day 16 of the painting challenge and I decided on a scene I found in Idaho last night on street view...
Years ago (almost 20... geeze...) I was young and mildly foolish and I took a road trip by myself across the country in an old Subaru station wagon.  Went from Pennsylvania down through the southern states, out to California, up through Oregon and Washington and made my way back through Idaho, and then eastward back home again... I tell you... I expected to see some amazing things, but really didn't give Idaho a second thought.. just thought I'd be driving through to get somewhere else... but what I found was that Idaho was just about the most beautiful state.  Everything about it was breathtaking, which was totally unexpected.  So, I knew I'd find some pretty amazing sites to paint on street view and I wasn't let down.  This view is in an area called Hailey, Idaho.  Just out of curiosity, I looked up property values (you know, just in case I wanted to move there later in life...) Unless something drastically changes in my financial situation, (like I become a multi-millionaire) I will not be moving to that particular area.  :(  Oh well.  That's what dreams are for...
Well, happy Friday and may you all have a great beginning to your weekend!

Private Idaho, oil on panel, 6"x6"
to purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...