Thanks for stopping to look, I hope you enjoy my artwork. Follow the links to my website, FB page and my Daily Paintworks store for even more! Thanks!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

And so the framing begins

Frame making has begun!   It is sometimes a challenge for me to transition from painting mode to frame making mode, though the different ways of thinking required for each are both a big part of who I am.  I have always been a hands on, more physical kind of gal (hence the table saws, router tables and chop saws...) but also have a deep creative streak (of course... my painting). But switching back and forth between the two modes sometimes feels like trying to slow down and turn around a freight train going full speed down the tracks...  At least that is how things are going this time around.  I know there are other artists out there that paint and make their own frames or easels so I am not the only one switching brains like this.   Anyway.... just an observation I though I'd share.  So here are some of the frames I am making for an artist friend of mine, Gloria Urban.  I like the design she asked me to create for her, just a simple 1 1/4" wide frame with a 1/16" bead around the outside edge, so I am naming this frame.... the Gloria!  I'll have to let her know... :)  I am also starting a commission this week and will post some pics of how that is going soon.


6 frames sanded, glued, nailed and clamped while drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...