I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 8 - Winter Street in China town

I decided to challenge myself with a more complex composition today... and just finished!  Still have an hour to spare.... I am really enjoying this challenge and am learning a lot about my process... also learning how to leave things alone and not mess around too much with the paint.  It also makes me consider each brush stroke and the color and value of paint I am applying more carefully too.  Well, this one is from a picture I took in Chinatown, Philadelphia over the summer.  I was interested in the building in the background and repeating shapes.  I also enjoyed painting the two figures as it is not often that I include a figure in my paintings. I must do this more.


Winter Street in Chinatown, oil on panel, 9" x 12"
to purchase this painting, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...