I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 11 - Lady Liberty

In response to the posts I was reading earlier today concerning 9/11 I chose to paint the Statue of Liberty... The meaning of the statue is inherently good and I wanted to put some good energy out there and paint a little bit of hope.  I painted this one very differently than any I can ever remember painting.  I laid it out as usual, but by the time I got to the actual painting, I had about 1 1/2 hours until I had to go to work.  The painting style is therefore very loose and I think has some pretty nice brush work going on.  There are some minor things I want to tweak here and there, but all in all I am happy with the expressiveness in this one.  I will post an updated picture if I decide to change anything.

Lady Liberty, oil on panel, 9"x12" 

2 comments:

  1. Nice loose brushwork that has created wonderful texture in your piece. A nice tribute to our great country.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...