I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 10 of the 30 in 30 - Heads above the rest

I decided on another sunflower for today.... had a conversation with my Mom and Dad and they both commented on the first one I painted,  saying how much they liked it... I thought it would be nice to do a different composition and size.  This one is painted on a stretched canvas, which is a little different from painting on panel.  Can't decide which one I like better... well, o.k., I like painting on panels better - just feels different.  But canvas has it's benefits.  This one is titled "Heads above the rest" because...it just looks like it, but also, because both of my Grandmothers, (whom I planted the sunflowers in honor of) were heads above the rest.... Both were strong, liberal minded women who loved to live life to the fullest! Hope you enjoy...Viva la Sunflowers!

Heads above the Rest, oil on canvas, 8"x10"
Please click here to purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...