I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Pecking order

Yesterday was the Wine and Cheese Fundraiser... It was an elegant and fun afternoon with lots of guests, music, appetizers, wine, cheese and of course ART.  I thank everyone who came out as well as my hubby for all of his help.  I wouldn't be able to do all of the art that I do if it weren't for Kevin.
The painting of the 3 girls below was from a picture I took at Lake Tobias Wildlife park. As with most places, there was a mix of people walking around but, I guess because of the location, there were lots of Amish people who were tourists just like me.  They were as interesting to look at as the animals were! ( I know that sounds bad, but I mean it in the most respectful of ways, people. I know Amish people aren't animals...) Anyway, I thought I'd show the photo to demonstrate the artistic license that I took with the painting.  Sometimes part of a photo is just right but others parts don't work.  The girls tickled my fancy as two of them were barefoot, and they were just so pretty with their cotton dresses and matching hair.  The sunlight was pretty, glinting off their heads also.


Pecking Order, Oil on panel, approximately 8"x8" framed

$75.00 at my website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...