I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sweet and Sour

Still lifes present unique challenges.  The initial challenge being what do you put into the still life?  I am forever pondering this and often the things I put in are a combination of things I find interesting aesthetically and things that need to be there for the composition to work.  This particular still life includes two pitchers that I found at the Good will and I liked their profiles.  Marbles are just fun to paint.  Jelly beans and the lemon?   Color, baby!  I am still learning the intricacies of painting white.  Not as straight forward as you may think, as white objects, especially shiny ones, reflect the color that surrounds them.  Lots of looking!


Sweet and Sour, 12" x 12", Oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...