I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Houses of St. Lawrence Series

It would seem that I have started painting a series of paintings concerning the Houses of St. Lawrence.  If you follow my blog (which is easy to do... just click on the link over there >>>>> and subscribe via email...) anyway, if you follow my blog, you may have seen some of my paintings of houses that are in the quaint (yes, quaint) town I live in.  I keep thinking about them and, well, I have painted a few more!  This one is of a house right on the avenue that you can see if you are coming down Brown street towards the avenue.  Its not a common view of the house, unfortunately, due to the fact that Brown is a one way street, going away from the avenue, but I see it all the time because I turn down Brown to get to the alley behind my house.  Wow... that was long winded and not really necessary.  :)
Never the less, I admire the cute little house and the cool brown stone wall that retains the property all of the time.  And here it is!  Again, I think about when this house must have been built, and think about the craftsmanship that went into that stone wall.  You just don't see that kind of thing in contemporary architecture and building.  So here's to old school....

House across from Brown, 10" x 14", oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...