I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Houses of St. Lawrence: Red, White and Blue Garage

I just posted the House across from Brown which I finished last week.  This one was completed today.  It is a larger and different view of another painting I did a few weeks back of a well kept garage near Jacksonwald Avenue.  I admire it for its clean, simple lines and its patriotic colors.  Also, it hearkens back to a time when things seemed to make sense, at least on the surface.  In this day and age, things have become so complicated with layers of meaning and information, that a simple little garage like this somehow brings peace to my mind and steadies my soul.

Red, White and Blue Garage #2, 10" x 10", oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...