I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Happy Pachy

If you have kids, you know they amass a collection of knick knacks, gadgets, toys and otherwise.... stuff.  A lot of it is fun to look at and, what else to do with it once they lose interest but... Paint it!  So this is where the inspiration for this painting came from.  This little elephant was a toy of my daughters as she is also an animal lover.  I always thought she looked happy, so, I titled this one, "Happy Pachy" (as in pachyderm.... get it?)  And the flowers, well, they are in full bloom on my amazing weeping cherry tree in my front yard.  This tree must be over 70 years old and is one of the most beautiful trees in all of St. Lawrence this time of year.  (I am biased...!)
Happy Pachy, 10"x10", oil on canvas


After thinking about painting an elephant I decided to look up information on them and came across this website, which is a little sad, but has made me think about doing some more paintings and donating proceeds of sales (if they sell!) to this organization.  Here is a link to their website if you are interested in checking that out.
 http://elephantsumbrella.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...