I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 30, 2023

Day 30 - Party Preparations

The last day of the January 30 days of painting challenge is here, and I am feeling it... I'm always so glad, at the end of these, for making myself do them.. but, in honesty, this one was particularly challenging.. Life is busy right now with many other important things that have challenges of their own, so juggling a painting a day has been a work out.
That said, today's painting is a visit to an old friend, the Highland Cow, also known as a Coo in certain part of the world.  I love painting these hairy guys, and love the fact that their face can carry expression even though their eyes are lost in their fur!   Birds often make it into my compositions too, as I'm sure you've noted :)  I wanted to put 3 little sparrows in this one, to create a dynamic story and after adding the colorful bunting, it looked like they were preparing for a party, and so a title was born. A party sounds like the perfect thing to me!
If you've come here to read my ramblings this month, I just want to thank you. With so much noise on social media, I am honored that you would take the time to visit my page and read my sometimes disconnected thoughts on my art, my life and why I do what I do. So, here's to you!  Thank You!


"Party Preparations", oil, 10"x10", click here to purchase


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...