I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Day 28 - Day Dreaming

 Art has been a solace for me through my life. It is a place I can go when everything around me is sadness and pain, where I can find healing and peace.  Today's painting is titled Day Dreaming because when I paint, I can, if I'm lucky, achieve a kind of waking dream-like state, where I am immersed in the marks and the colors, the sweet faces of the animals I paint and the rich, juicy paint itself that is so satisfying to spread on my panel.. 

...and because this Bear is like a day dream, serenely sitting atop a giant cupcake in the sky...

Lastly, One of my favorite quotes about dreams...

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” 
 -Eleanor Roosevelt


"Day Dreaming", oil, 10"x10", click here to purchase


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...