I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Day 26 - Chicasso

 This little dude is a companion painting to yesterday's "Artist Chick" and is titled Chicasso (of course!) :)  I love to paint in series (sometimes just 2 in the same theme, other times a whole mess..) and after designing the artist chick painting with red accents I knew I wanted to design one painting in blue.. I'm considering a green artist chick, but haven't yet designed her.. 

Somehow, I also have gotten into painting iconic shoes.. It started with me painting Converse All Stars years ago.. I painted them alone and then I started putting them on ducks (because, Ducks in Chucks..).. and they even ended up on bunnies and giraffes too! Then I opened up my shoe repertoire and added Mary Janes.. then saddle shoes, and wingtips and even Vans.. Shoes are just too fun to paint, and really, we all have a deep connection with our shoes.  The shoes we wear are, of course, utilitarian, but, it can't be denied, have a ton of symbolism that go along with them too.  I don't really want to explore the symbolism of shoes in words, but I do love to explore how different styles of shoes can change a painting. So this guy is wearing a stylish pair of blue wing tips, and if you compare yesterday's and today's painting, the red and blue give quite different feelings, and the shoes do too.. Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...