I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 5, 2018

Day 5 of the 30 in 30 - Red Chuck Kicking Duck

It can be hard to come up with titles sometimes!  Especially when the painting is just plain silly like this one.  When painting this guy today, I was thinking of a few things...the Eagles big time win, of course, and also my daughter who has her black belt in taekwondo.  She practiced endless kicks and punches and I know it played a big role in who she is today! This duck is confident in his red chucks, kicking butt and being cute...
There is another side to him that I'd also like to share. First, let me show my painting for today which is available for sale at my Daily Paintworks site.  Link to buy is under the pic...

Red Chuck Kicking Duck, oil on panel, 6"x6", to purchase click here

So, the idea for this painting was 'borrowed' from another painting I did last year.. I had to paint this duck again.. just in a slightly different pose with different colored chucks.  
A good friend and avid collector of my art (we'll call him Q) commissioned me awhile back to paint him a pair of Chuck bedecked ducks.. He had a specific purpose in mind - His ducks were to be wearing turquoise and pink chucks, and have the ribbons indicating prostate and breast cancer.  Below is the pic of the finished commission... 

Don't Mess With This, oil on panel, 9"x12", SOLD

You see, Q is a 2 time cancer survivor!  He found out a few years back that he had prostate cancer.. Thankfully, he went through treatment and is in remission for it... but then a year or so later he found out that he had breast cancer.  Yes breast cancer! He went through treatment for this, and thankfully again, he is in remission!  Wow!  So, first of all, men have breast tissue too, and second of all, they can get breast cancer... And lastly, Q told me that men who have had prostate cancer actually have an increased risk of getting breast cancer!  They are linked, apparently.  So, PSA - if you are a man, get checked for prostate cancer, because it can happen to anyone!  And, if you are a woman (or a man who has had prostate cancer), get your mamograms! (Q calls these man-o-grams if you are a guy... :)  Among other great things, Q has a wonderful sense of humor and passion for life that is inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...