I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 20, 2023

Day 20 - Swinging on a Star

Today's painting is simply a happy little chick, swinging on a garland of stars..  And the title "Swinging on a Star", harkens to the song.. which I forgot all about until I painted this guy..


"Swinging on a Star", oil, 8"x8", click here for purchasing details

Swinging on a Star, made famous by Bing Crosby, was written in 1944, so was popular in my grandmother's generation, and I guess when my mom was little too.. After titling my painting, I looked it up and listened to it.. what a memory :) You can listen to it here, if you'd like.. Enjoy :)

Would you like to swing on a star
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are (Ooo)
Or would you rather be a mule?

While the full lyrics are funny, I think it has a nice message.. Basically its saying that everyone can strive to be better, and should be able to achieve it.. all you have to do is try. This little chick is hanging in there, giving it his best shot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...