I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 1, 2021

Day 1 of the 28 in 28 artwork challenge - Mony a Mickle Makes a Muckle

It is day 1 of the 28 in 28 artwork challenge and voila! It has snowed here in my little corner of the universe... I am happy and even grateful for the white weather. It reminds that life is structured in cycles and the time of the creative has arrived. 

Onward with today's post, a post of new beginnings, the beginning of a new challenge to create and post a new painting every day during the month of February! I am taking part in this challenge along with 21 of my artist friends from Art Plus Gallery in West Reading and the excitement among us is palpable, even within the social distancing moment that we exist.

Today's painting has a bit of a title... I'm calling this "Mony a Mickle Makes a Muckle" and I am just vibrating in my pants over it...  A whimsical bit of a Highland cow with a sweet duckling and several ephemeral butterflies, I initially went with the subject of this painting because I've been jonesing to paint a highland cow forever.. they are a sturdy Scottish breed that is able to withstand harsh conditions and intemperate weather and their beautiful fur and expressive faces are just too much... I needed to get my brushes into them!  Add a duckling and some butterfly joy to complete the picture. I was thinking about Scotland as I painted this gal, doing a little reading.. and came across this Scottish saying - Mony a mickle makes a muckle.. which translates to "Many little things make a big thing".  What a perfect way to begin the challenge! The many little paintings I complete this month will amount to much more than any one of them could and this little painting will start it all off. :)

If you are reading along and wish to follow the challenge, please check out the Daily artwork challenge Facebook page and like us so you don't miss a day :)


"Mony a Mickle Makes a Muckle", Oil on panel, 10"x10", unframed, $395
to purchase, please click here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...