I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Day 7 of the 30 in 30.. One week in & Brother Bjorn :)

 It feels good and kind of homey now that I'm a week into this 30 in 30.  And following suit, Brother Bjorn came to visit me in my studio, as a companion painting to yesterday's Uncle Urso. This guy doesn't have a story yet, other than it feels like he should live in the Swiss Alps for some reason... Mostly though, he was an experiment of white on white, and a trial of a hat on a polar bear. I do like, however, that Polar bears symbolize endurance and black eyed Susans symbolize motivation. Feeling like both of these attributes are so needed exactly right now, as we slog through this new world of cataclysmic change...endurance to keep on going and motivation to try even harder.

I wanted to achieve a soft and subtle feel and kept my tints all close in value.. also a challenge for me.  I am always tempted to go bold and striking in my paintings, but have recently been striving to go subtle and whispering.  I'll strike a balance eventually!

Brother Bjorn, Oil, 10"x10", to purchase click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...