I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, August 7, 2020

Day 6 of the 30 in 30 - Uncle Urso's Silk Hat

Uncle Urso has had this hat ever since I was a little girl.  He sometimes takes it off and pulls special treats out of it for his nieces and nephews, and even once pulled out a rabbit!  It is made of silk felt that is worn through in places and he always tucks a flower under the ribbon. No one knows how old it is (or how old Uncle Urso is for that matter) but he wouldn't be Uncle Urso without that hat. ♥

I've painted a few bears in the past year and it all started when I had a reoccurring dream about bears that would suddenly appear wherever I happened to be in my dream.  Once down at my Grandmother's (who doesn't live there anymore), once in an office building roaming around the cubicles... then in a park that is near my childhood home.. They were trying to tell me something, obviously, and the only thing I knew to do was to paint them.  I had the hankering to paint another bear (or 2..).  After I painted this guy, the snippet of a story I wrote above started to take shape.. I wonder who the little girl is, and why is his hat so special...

Uncle Urso's Silk Hat, 10"x10", oil



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...