I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Collage of all the paintings from the 2018 30 in 30 painting challenge

The finale of every 30 in 30 includes creating a collage of all of the paintings I created during the challenge.  In the past, it would take me sometimes hours to do this, because I typically painted on a variety of sizes of canvas or panels and I had to figure out how to get them to all fit nicely .  This time around, save for one painting (the plein air I did around the middle of the challenge), I painted on all square panels or canvas.  This made it a relative snap to collage them all in a nice organized way.  I say relative because there was still finagling I had to do.  But it was much easier this time round... 

If you read my first post from this challenge, you will see that I wasn't sure how things were going to work out for me. My son was just getting over a 2 month illness, during which I had spent little or no time in my studio.  I wondered if I would be able to paint every single day... but I decided I neede to do this to push me to get up there!  Things were going great, and then, mid challenge and for a variety of reasons, we decided start my son in cyber school.  I once again wasn't sure what would happen, because I knew that my life was going to be in upheaval for awhile while he transitioned into this type of schooling. I can say this, some life difficulties are hared to work around. But if you have the will and the ideas, you can generally find the time to create.  There were days I didn't get up into my studio until after dinner and painted until 9 or 10.  I didn't care for that at all.  But I wanted complete this challenge with all 30 paintings this time so, I forced myself to do it.  I am so glad I did!  Below is the collage of all the paintings and I love seeing them all together!


And finally, credit must be given to my husband who always picks up on the chores and cooking that I can't do because I'm designing a painting or actually painting the painting... or I'm just too tired! Thanks hubby... <3
And thanks again to you for reading this and following me through this challenge.  All the positive feedback has been wonderful!  


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...