I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Day 20 of the 30 in 30 - "Unconditional"

I am entering this painting into a local show put on by the Berk's Art Alliance, that is themed "Aspects of Love."  The opening for the show is this Sunday, February 25th With all of the birds I am painting lately, I tried to imagine how birds might show their 'love' with each other.  I would think that the duty and love that parent birds show when they are feeding their babies with untiring consistency is encouragement for any parent who might need Inspiration from the natural world. 
I used acrylic paint for this painting instead of oils. As acrylics respond VERY differently when using them in a painting, I have developed very different techniques when painting with them.  I tend to use matte medium and paint layer upon layer (commonly called glazing) to create depth and the feeling I am looking for. Here is my take on Aspects of love. <3

Unconditional, acrylic, 12"x12", on hold


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...