I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Yayoi Kusama

Awhile back I painted a portrait of an artist named Yayoi Kusama after looking at contemporary female artists and coming across her.  She is a fascinating woman with an equally fascinating history, and she is still alive, creating artwork at 88 years old! I blogged about her a little bit and posted my painting of her ...

"Yayoi Kusama", oil on panel, 6"x6"
purchase info here
If you would like to find out more about Yayoi Kusama, I recommend checking out this link - It takes you to a page recently created on Artsy, a great website who's mission is "To make all the world's art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection."  (Love this!)  One their editors contacted me after he came across my blog post and asked if I would like to link to their page. They are showcasing Yayoi right now to coincide with The National Art Center in Tokyo's current exhibit "Yayoi Kusama: My Eternal Soul".

The Artsy page has Yayoi's bio, over 250 of her works, articles and much more! Check it out..:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...