I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 9, 2017

Day 9 of the 30 in 30 painting challenge - "I Love New York"

Back to globe trotting... Today's painting is a glimpse of the world's 5th most visited place - you guessed it, New York City.  This was the most challenging painting in this series so far for many reasons... the biggest of which is that New York is not just ONE thing.  Of course neither is Paris, or Bangkok, but, New York is just so many things.  The people,the buildings, the scenery, the energy! So much to see.. It is impossible to choose just a glimpse of New York to try to represent the city. So, I ended up opting for a traditional city scene, right near Time's Square, with a traditional "I Love NY" sign displayed... 
I painted this one more loosely and with lots more paint to attempt to capture the energy and life of the city.

I Love NY, oil on panel, 4"x18"
to purchase, please click here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...