I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Day 4 of the 30 in 30 - "Ducks in London"

Evidently London held first place for a long time as the number one place visited in the world, until last year.  Then Bangkok took that title, and London moved to second place.  Still not too shabby.  I can actually say that I have been to London, and saw Big Ben in person.  Not something I can say about many of the other places on the list.  But, I flew into Heathrow when I was about 20 years old and stayed in the square mile for a few days before moving on to Glasgow where I studied ceramics.  
This is another of my "Glimpsed" paintings in which I present to you fleeting visions of the World's 20 most popular tourist sites.  It is a view of Big Ben with two Bobbies taking a stroll.  One of them just found out they are being followed by some friendly ducks. I added the ducks just for so, (I thought this composition could use 'em) and made the sky a bit more dramatic than was in the original reference pic I got while perusing Google Street view. If you scroll down below my painting, I included the original screenshot. As you can see, there are many alterations I make to a reference photo before I make it into a painting I can live with.

Ducks in London, oil, 4"x18"
for purchasing info, please click here







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...