I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Day 1 of my Holiday Painting Spree!

As I said in my previous post, my little paintings are popular with my followers.  I can see why! In the art world, a trend has been emerging toward personal, intimate, and small-scale paintings.  Not to mention, small paintings fit in difficult to design places and are more affordable than larger artwork.  I love painting in all different sizes, but I especially enjoy painting on small panels. It allows me to focus in on my subjects and paint alla prima - all in one sitting. So, I plan on focusing my paintbrush on these little guys through out the rest of November and into December.  
Today's painting is titled, "The Sentry".  I painted a series of little blackbirds a while back and sold most of them... Black birds mean many things to many people.  To me they can be pretty little birds that aren't flashy, but make a statement all the same.  And some of the species of black birds (crows and ravens for two) are quite intelligent. This guy is a young crow, keeping watch for you...  And stripes are back! I enjoy using the stripe motif in my backgrounds as they allow me to use interesting color combinations that I otherwise might not put together.

Remember, all my paintings are 20% off through December 17th, including this one!
To purchase this painting, please visit my daily paintworks gallery here



The Sentry, oil on panel, 6"x6",
to purchase click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...