I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Day 20 - And She Was

I sometimes get reference photos from an online, royalty free photo sharing sight called Morguefile.  I try to use mostly images I take but there are those times when I need some inspiration.  When this happens I will sometimes peruse the Morguefile to see what strikes my fancy.  This image has been saved in a file I call 'Possibilities' for a few years, actually and when I came across it I knew it was time to paint it!  I love everything about it.. the perspective, the crop, the upside down text, the colors, the shadow... and of course the toes!  
The title comes from my hubby (who has been a great help during this 30 in 30, as always) who said it reminds him of the music video from the Talking Heads of the same name.  I know the song, don't know the video.. I will be checking it out though!

And She Was, oil on canvas, 20"x20"
to purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...