Thanks for stopping to look, I hope you enjoy my artwork. Follow the links to my website, FB page and my Daily Paintworks store for even more! Thanks!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Day 11 of the 30 in 30 - Discovery

Today's painting is a nice representation of what I was hoping would happen during this challenge... a complete dialog of experimentation concerning subject, technique and genre.  I once again used a reference photo of my daughter for this painting, but as you may know, she has blond hair.  So, I took some liberties there as the painting seemed to be calling for a dark haired dame.  The background was originally the farmer's field on that fateful, steamy day that my kids went with me on a photo shoot... but I wanted the moody blues instead of the Pennsylvania greens that dominate my surrounding landscape.  I also wanted to abstract the background and blend it with the figure some.... and by the way, her face is intentionally obscure...  I am hoping that you will see what you need to see in her by not emphasizing any one feature.
Discovery is the name of this painting for several reasons... I am so happy to be discovering new techniques, the human form and the blending of genres (figurative/abstract/realism), and this young woman is discovering new worlds through reading.. and this book happens to be a copy of the Tao te Ching, the ancient book of The Way.  Lots of discovery going on....

Discoveries, oil, 24"x24"
to purchase please click

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...