I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 1, 2016

Day One of the January 30 in 30 - Anegada Da Vida

Happy New Year!!! I am so excited to be starting this year with a goal of completing 30 paintings in 30 days... Happy happy happy!!!  Anyway, I first want to wish everyone a blessed and healthy New Year, and I want to thank you for coming here to read my posts!  I need to add in that I am terrible at posting unless I have a challenge going on, which I am resolving to get better at also.

Today's painting is a big one (for me..)  It is 24" x 24" and it also represents a very different style.  I call this a Stripey, as I base the design off of horizontal lines of color.  I also am experimenting with a different medium mixed in with oil paints called cold wax.  I like the quality of it when it is dry... a bit more matte than straight oil, plus there is more body.  Oh, and I added in some marble dust to also increase the body.  A good friend of mine suggested I title this one "Enegada Da Vida" as it reminded him of sailing around the British Virgin Isles (an experience I have not had the good fortune of having... but he obviously has...) and I thought, Yes!  The colors I chose came from a photo I took at the beach of some colorful umbrellas, the sand, sea and sky... so he was pretty close.  Just that my beach was OCNJ, not the BVI's... oh well....

"Anegada Da Vida", oil, cold wax and marble dust, 24" x 24",
click here for purchasing information

Here is what this painting would look like in a room...



Close up.... there is a lot of  paint on this guy... lots of surface and texture 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...