I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day 23 - Utrect Blue

So, this is a simplistic painting for y'all today.  Lots of snow shoveling and then subsequent sitting comatose at my kitchen table eating toast and cookies.... But, I did get myself to the studio, and after spotting a 4"x4" panel, I decided to do a simple stripey based on some colors that I have been pondering for a few days.  First let me say this.  Red is not always red.  And blue can be so many different  blues.  I enjoy seeing two of the most common reds found in paint playing against each other, the reds being Alizarin Crimson and Cadmium Red medium. When strait out of the tube and isolated, you would say, yes, that is definitely red.  But when you put them next to each other in a painting, they are so very different.  Add to that a strange color from my past, Utrect Blue.  Back in college days at Tyler (20 or so years ago) on of the colors required for a painting class I took was called Utrect Blue.  It is this electric blue that I haven't been able to find in any other brand.  And in fact, Utrect doesn't even make it anymore!  Luckily I still have some and it miraculously is still good!  I've been thinking of making a painting using these 3 colors, but wasn't thinking of going so simple.  But due to time and energy constraints, I had to go pretty basic today.  So, that is the story behind this little painting!

Utrect Blue, acrylic on panel, 4" x 4"
to purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...