I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 7 of the 30 in 30 - Twin Barks sign 2

Happy Labor day! (to those of us who live in the U.S...)  Hope you are enjoying the day and perhaps picnicking with friends and family...

Today's post is the 2nd sign I was commissioned to paint for a cottage in Mt. Gretna, PA.  As I said yesterday, this was such a fun commission to do, as I love to paint dogs and landscapes, plus there is something about painting text that I also enjoy!  So, wow, all three of those elements went into creating these signs, making it a completely satisfying project.  The second sign feature 2 different poses for the dogs, plus different scenery.  My client asked for a landscape that had fall colors in it, as Mt. Gretna is particularly beautiful in the fall.  I am posting another before picture today as well, purely for your viewing pleasure.  I had to strip the original paint off of the signs and restore some areas of the wood as the signs are quite old and had some damage.  After wood puttying, applying a wood hardener and painting on 2-3 coats of primer and gesso, they were finally ready to paint!  Hope you enjoyed this installment of the 30 in 30.... See you tomorrow!

Twin Barks Sign 2, oil on wood, 5" x 23", private collection


Close up of Bouvier



Signs after stripping original finish and restoring the wood



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...