I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Day 6 - Twin Barks Commission

I am so thankful and humbled that people come to me sometimes, and request that I paint them a custom painting... Getting to know the client, and working together to come up with the perfect painting is a challenge that often results in me learning about something or some place that I never knew about before!  I was recently commissioned by a gentleman from Washington DC to paint signs for his summer cottage in Mt. Gretna that bears the name "Twin Barks".  In his youth he had two dogs, a Standard black poodle and a Bouvier des flandres and they always greeted visitors, both barking... hence the name Twin Barks... He had the original signs (both quite old) that he wanted restored and painted with a more artistic flair.  With his input and through several editing renditions using different backgrounds and dog poses, I designed 2 unique signs for him. They were finally completely dry after 3 final coats of exterior polyurethane and I delivered them earlier this morning! Below is the before and after pics of one of the signs. Stay tuned to see the second sign in another of my 30 in 30 posts!  Thanks for looking!






Twin Barks, sign 1, oil on wood, 5" x 23", private collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...