I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Day 30 - The last day of the 30 in 30... can't even believe it... "Sunlit Calico"

So the last few days of this challenge have been the most challenging for me.. the painting has gone well... getting up into my studio to actually do the painting is another story.  So, alas, I have fallen behind, and I think I have only completed 28 paintings for the month... but, I will tell you, I am thrilled with this!  I really, really, really learned a lot about my technique, painting on different grounds, color mixing, time management... how great my family is.... what else?.... So much more...
And I have already sold several of the paintings from this series!
Today's painting was completed over 2 days (yesterday and today) and it was truly a challenge trying to capture the sunlight.  I definitely worked more in an impasto style (very thick paint) on this painting... it just evolved that way.  And the cobblestone floor was also a great challenge with all of the subtle color variations. Overall, I am happy with it and can't wait to see it framed!
If you have followed my progress through this 30 in 30, I thank you so much!  Your support and comments mean everything to me! It may not be a big number for some people, but throughout the challenge, I had over 800 visitors to my blog!  Thank you!  I promise I am not done... In the first few weeks of October, I will be very busy in my frame shop in the basement (dungeon) of my house.  I will post my progress on those frames. Some of these paintings will be at the Wine and Cheese Fundraiser for Art Plus Gallery on October 11th! (for more info on the fundraiser, or if you'd like to go, please go here so stay tuned for that also.  Anyway, here is the last painting for the 30 in 30...

Sunlit Calico, oil on panel, 10.5" x 10.5"
to purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...