I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 3 - Biker on Penn Street

Whew... I got this one done by the skin of my teeth.  And in reality, I still probably have some tweaking to do on it.  I could lie and say I don't know what I was thinking when I chose to do a 16" x 20" painting today.  But, I do know.  I really like painting big, and yesterday's 6"x6" was frustrating using such small brushes... Plus, I need to learn how to paint bigger, faster...
Anyway, another experiment.  I painted on a gold ground today (not metallic, but yellow-gold), which was a first for me.  This was a picture I took the same day I took the reference pic for day 2's picture. Was sitting at a traffic light and there was this biker guy waiting for the light also.  Snapped the pic and off we went in opposite directions... I liked the challenge of the image because there was soooo much red in the picture.  I wanted to paint it with all that red, and still make it engaging... Hopefully it is!

Biker on Penn St., oil, 16" x 20",  to purchase this painting, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...