I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day 2 of September 30 in 30 - Crossing Penn St. Bridge

One of the hardest aspects of being is an artist is... shifting gears.   Today, I worked on Art Plus Gallery's website, typed up the minutes of last nights member meeting and put a final coat of poly urethane on a commission that is almost ready for delivery.... And then, I had to get into the studio to paint today's painting.  How to change the brain to get into painting mode?  Some days work better than others. Today was a challenge..... But....
I live near this small city, Reading, PA.  Back when my Grandmother was young (in the 30's), Reading was the place to go... shopping, dancing, working... but through the 20th century, it suffered the fate of many small towns across the U.S.  It fell to the wayside and started becoming a not so great place to go anymore.  But... in the past 10 years or so, Reading is making a comeback... the art scene is huge (and growing fast!)  and great things are happening every day.  This is just one scene of Reading, (with it's iconic Pagoda Peeking in the distance) that I see on a regular basis and it beckons me to paint it, every time I see it from just this spot.  I had my camera with me the other day, and (yes, it's true) I was snapping pictures of this as I passed over Penn Street Bridge. I promise, I was paying attention to the road...

If you would like to purchase this painting, please visit my Daily Paintworks site here  
Thanks for looking!

Crossing Penn Street Bridge, oil on panel, 6" x 6", click here to bid


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...