I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Day 23 - Jerome, Idaho

I was attracted to this scene because of its intense contrasts and the dramatic composition.  It is another scene I captured by travelling around in Google street view.  It is the only way I can see the world right now.. but it is a satisfactory substitute for now... I guess.. ;)  Anyway, as I was painting, I struggled with the mountains in the background, which were of course an important part of the picture.  I scraped it off no less than two times, then decided to paint it using a palette knife.  I love the way they turned out!  It is a lesson I need to remember... when the painting is not going the way I want... Scrape it off!  It almost always turns out better....

Jerome, oil on panel, 6" x 6"
to purchase please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...