I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The River Clare

This is one of my paintings in the current show at Art Plus Gallery.  It is 18" x 18", and framed with a solid wood floater frame in natural finish. In case you are new to my blog, I handcraft my own frames in addition to painting the pictures! I posted about it here if you want to read a bit more about it.   It is a second love of mine (working in the wood shop), although, I don't think I'd want to do it full time...  It can be a back breaker!  Anyway, this painting was inspired by a 6" x 6" painting I did during the 30 in 30 challenge I took part in in January. I liked the little one so much, I wanted to see how it translated large.  I really like the larger version, but I must say, sizing up a small painting isn't as simple as one might think.  The qualities I loved in the small painting, such as fresh, simple brush strokes, are achieved differently on a large scale.  All in all, I am happy I sized this one up and am already planning some more!

The River Clare, 18" x 18", oil on canvas, framed
Available through Art Plus Gallery
Please call 610-375-9122 for details


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...