I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

For You

Sometimes as an artist I am inspired in unexpected places.  This painting came from such an experience.  One of my all time favorite things to do in life (although time does not always allow) is read to my kids at bed time.  Currently, I am deep into the "Little House on the Prairie" series with my son.  He is loving it and I am reliving the books because I read them to my daughter years ago.  A few weeks ago, I came to the end of a chapter and there was just a beautiful passage about 'Pa' playing his fiddle in the evening and a Nightingale singing back to his playing.  Laura drifted off into blissful sleep listening to the two of them talking back and forth to each other.  It was so eloquently written.. such a beautiful and inspiring image... I immediately knew I had to respond to the emotions I was feeling just reading those words with some artwork of my own... a painting.  So, while this is not a picture of 'Pa'.. and it definitely is NOT on the prairies of wild North America.... This is what I came up with!   I ended up in Paris... with an older gent... with a nightingale on his head... I also had to put that young lady in red bicycling by in the background... She seems to be showing up in many of my paintings... :)    Anyway... I am loving this new direction my art is taking me.  I attribute the new work somewhat to my research into vintage posters, as they 'tell a story' in their own way.... This new painting, I hope, tells a story also... whatever story you want it to tell....
It will be available, framed (with a solid wood frame hand crafted by yours truly) in the upcoming Art Plus Gallery show which opens Friday, May 8th.


For You, oil on panel, 18" x 24",
contact me for pricing on this painting

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, I absolutely love this. I don't know if you've been to Paris, but I instantly thought of the old man than hangs around Notre Dame. It seems to me he had something to do with the birds there. I wish I could afford this painting because it reminds me of the happy times I had there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...