I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Girl with Oven Bird and Lily

This painting's inception came about while searching the ever awesome Morgue files for some imagery.  I was looking for pictures that included flower and girl, in some fashion or another.  I had an idea and wanted to see what the search would come up with.  Luckily, I found this picture of a young girl in this amazing blue coat holding lilies and giving a slightly Mona Lisa-esque look... is she mad?  just thinking?  She almost  appears to be challenging the camera.... and if you look at her long enough you can almost see a smile. I was very intrigued by her and wanted to paint her.  I also wanted to add some other imagery to the picture... like maybe cascading flowers (thinking Gustav Kimt here...) and, well, birds are showing up in my paintings lately for some reason, so why not a bird?  I was also interested in the value shift in the background, from dark to light, as well as abstracting some of it into just shapes... So, that is how this painting came about! I enjoy the challenge of composing images from totally unrelated things and (hopefully) making them all come together...


Girl with oven bird and lilies, 18 x 24, oil on panel
inquiries please contact me a
karenlyn1772@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...