I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 6 - Quiet Migration

Today's entry in the 30 in 30.. I titled it Quiet Migration because it was a cold, still day when I took this photo (during last year's endless winter) and there were geese migrating above a field.  Today in PA, it was bitter cold and it snowed all day... and everything looked blue... I thought this an appropriate subject. The picture I took was very atmospheric and I tried to capture that in this seemingly simple painting.. but was again surprised that it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to create the 'foggy' look I was going for. This painting is mostly monochromatic with a tiny bit of warm corn stalks in the front.

Quiet Migration, oil on panel, 6" x 6",
to purchase this painting please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...