I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 29 - Going Places

I love the geometry that happens in street scene compositions.. Especially this street scene that is somewhere in Prague... Yesterday I commented on the graffiti that seems to be everywhere in Prague.  I also noticed their amazing sidewalks and streets.  Many of the streets and sidewalks are beautifully patterned cobblestones... The architecture is outstanding also.. I can see why many people visit Prague just by wandering around on Street View.  It is rich with artwork just walking down any street, from actual statues, to friezes on buildings, to incredibly ornate architecture.  Anyway, I found this young lady, who moments before had been gazing at the mannequin in the store front.  I wanted to paint that scene, but unfortunately most of her body was obscured by the tree.  I opted for this one, just a little ways down the street.  It looks like she didn't want that dress after all...
This painting is available for auction. To place a bid, please click here.

Going Places, oil on panel, 6"x6'
to place a bid, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...