I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 18 - Je Suis Charlie

So, I decided to paint a scene in Paris, France today... and well, it obviously turned out to be the Eiffel Tower... Found a very beautiful shot and composition to my liking using street view again...  I have never painted the Eiffel Tower before, and was enjoying it quite a bit.  As it happens, my mind will wander when I paint.  It occurred to me as I was painting this, that I should pay my own tribute to the people who were killed about a week ago at the satirical French publication, Charlie Hebdo.  While I don't necessarily agree with the type of cartooning and commentary that the paper often prints, I am 100% a supporter of freedom of speech.  I myself am not into extremist political commentary, making fun of others religions and the like.... but freedom of speech is sacred to me and without it our country would not be what it is.  So, yes, I am Charlie, Je Suis Charlie, is the title of this one... Let freedom ring, let freedom of speech and expression live strong and may the terrorists who are trying destroy this freedom be stopped.  With that said, hope you enjoy this painting, my tribute to those who died in Paris... my thoughts and prayers are with their families and friends.

This painting is available to bid on at my Daily Paintworks webpage.  To place a bid, and to see other paintings I have for sale or auction, please click here.

Je Suis Charlie, oil on panel, 6"x6"
to place a bid, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...