I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, September 5, 2014

Do you know this local (to me) landmark?

If you live anywhere near Reading, PA, you should recognize this familiar landmark.  It is called the Pagoda and was built in 1908.  It has a rambling history which you can read here if you are interested. It is visible from all over the surrounding area and I have a few more reference pics that just might end up as paintings. The  pic I took for this was taken on my kids last day of school in June.... (seems like yesterday!).  I also tried a few new techniques out for this painting including using the palette knife exclusively for the sky and several new paintbrushes that arrived at my doorstep yesterday! (Christmas in September...)  I am not putting this one up for sale just yet... have plans for it!

The Pagoda in June, oil on panel, 6"x6", 

Close up of the impasto juiciness


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...