I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 30 of the 30 in 30 challenge - Blue Suede Shoes

Today is the last day of the 30 in 30 challenge I have been taking part in... I am a little sad because I work really well when I have an 'assignment'... But on the other hand, I do have assignments awaiting.   I have 4 commissions waiting in the wings that I will be getting on (starting tomorrow!) and many, many frames to make for myself and people who have ordered from me.  But, painting everyday in my studio this month has been a lot of fun and I learned so much about so many things!  I love sharing my work regularly like this, and I plan on continuing to post, whether I am painting or framing...  So, anyway, if you have followed me through September, I thank you for your support and interest, as well as your comments!  I hope you continue to tune into my blog to see what I am up to because I have some plans for the paintings I made during the challenge and will post my plans here!

Today's painting is called "Blue Suede Shoes".  Does anyone remember having to draw a shoe in high school art class?  I was reminded of that when I started this painting today.  It is almost a right of passage in H.S. art!  I like the style of these very blue shoes and thought they would make a nice painting...

Blue Suede Shoes, oil on panel, 6"x6"
to purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...