Thanks for stopping to look, I hope you enjoy my artwork. Follow the links to my website, FB page and my Daily Paintworks store for even more! Thanks!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 2, 30 in 30 challenge

 If you live near me, you know I decided to plant a stand of mammoth sunflowers this year.  What you may not know is that they are in honor of both my Grandmothers, Laila and Ella.  I have fond memories of sunflowers with both of them and I wanted to have a little bit of them in my back yard this year.  This painting is of one of the many huge sunflowers populating my garden right now.  I snapped the reference pic just as a bumblebee was flying away after pollinating.  I particularly love the juiciness of the paint in this one...
If you are interested in purchasing this painting, I will be posting it on my DPW gallery.

Onward to better things, oil on panel, 6"x6", $75


Close up of juicy paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...