Thanks for stopping to look, I hope you enjoy my artwork. Follow the links to my website, FB page and my Daily Paintworks store for even more! Thanks!

Monday, July 14, 2014

Winning entry for the Axcess Benefactor Award

Yay!  The gallery I show my work through sponsors a contest along with a local company interested in the arts. I entered this contest in the past and won once.  Well, I entered again and my painting titled "Axcess at Summit and 222" won the award! I am very pleased that my work is being acknowledged as successful!  Below is the painting.  I took reference photos for this painting as I happened to be following one of the Axcess trucks home one day.  And I happened to have my camera with me.  Luck.  :)  Of the 50-60 photos I snapped (yes, while driving... o.O... but not looking through the viewfinder...) This one stood out compositionaly as the best.  I altered a few things (like I removed some of the powerlines and signs) and came up with this final pic.  Also chose to use a limited palette, which has been serving me well lately.

Axcess at Summit and 222, 18" x 18", oil on panel
winner of the Axcess benefactor award

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...