I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Working on a Commission

I have recently been commissioned to create a commemorative painting for a Credit Union in the Reading Area. For every commission I do, I feel honored and humbled that people like my work enough to ask me to realize an idea for them that they have floating around in their brain.  Doing commissions present a unique set of challenges but also opportunities for me to learn about and paint subject matter that I may not have other wise chosen.  For this latest one, I was asked to include some specific things, such as a train from the Reading Railroad, the city of Reading some Berks Co. farmland and, of course, the Pagoda.   The pic below is the initial sketch I submitted for review.  I chose to do the sketch in watercolor and decided to go a bit further and make it a rather finished sketch. If approved, I will move forward with the final painting!

Reading PA, (sketch for Riverfront Credit Union commission), 12" x 24", watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...