I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Two landscapes

Just over the Hill, oil on panel, 9" x 12"

So happy about the 3000 visitor status.  I know it's not much compared to some, but it is a milestone for me and milestones are important!  
I have been painting landscapes and farm scenery for the past month or so and these two paintings came out of this group.  There is a funny story behind them, actually, which has nothing to do with the paintings themselves.  I like to go on what I call picture walks and picture drives and often my son likes to go along with me.  During these times, I photograph whatever is interesting, hoping for some good reference photos to paint later on.  During this one drive I took in the Oley area, my son was along, enjoying himself, keeping me company. We had been out for over an hour and he really needed to use the bathroom.... Well, we were pretty much no where near a bathroom, so I pulled over to the side of the road (kind of a secluded area) and said this is as good as it gets, do you mind just going here alongside the road?  He was a bit embarrassed, but nature was calling so he tried to be as inconspicuous as possible.  Wouldn't you know, a car came along.  I did the first thing that came to mind and quickly started randomly snapping pictures, trying to draw attention to myself... 'Just taking pictures, nothing to see here!'  Here is the funny thing... the pictures I took, while not really paying attention to the subject, turned out to be some of my favorite of the day! You just never know.  So, maybe I shouldn't have told you that, but there it is.  These landscapes were born of a potty break!  Hope you enjoy!


Brown's Mill Trees, oil on panel, 9" x 12"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...