Thanks for stopping to look, I hope you enjoy my artwork. Follow the links to my website, FB page and my Daily Paintworks store for even more! Thanks!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

What happened to August?

Well, school has begun, the kids are off and I have literally done more work in the past 2 weeks in my studio than I did all summer long.  I haven't figured out how to add 5 hours to my day yet and when the kids are home from school, that's what I would need in order to be able to be painting on a regular basis!  So here we are and not one post in the whole month of August.  I apologize to my loyal followers (are you out there?) and promise to be better from now on.

Enough of that.  So it is September and I have been painting chickens.  They are in the new harvest show at Art Plus gallery, which incidentally is having an opening tonight.  And I painted a new one yesterday!  The chickens are residents at Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, which is out by Harrisburg.  I took lots of pics back in July when we went, and these guys stood out as the ones I wanted to paint first.  There is also this duck which I haven't painted yet, but will!  I also spent a good portion of last week finishing up the frames for these buggers.  Fun, but time consuming.  Also extremely budget friendly which is always a welcome thing! I will post a chicken a day for at least the next 10 days so, come back tomorrow for some more poultry pleasantries!
And now... Chicken (or possibly a rooster...) #1.... and this ones called, "Are you lookin' at me?"

Are you lookin' at me?, 6" x 6", oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...