I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

What happened to August?

Well, school has begun, the kids are off and I have literally done more work in the past 2 weeks in my studio than I did all summer long.  I haven't figured out how to add 5 hours to my day yet and when the kids are home from school, that's what I would need in order to be able to be painting on a regular basis!  So here we are and not one post in the whole month of August.  I apologize to my loyal followers (are you out there?) and promise to be better from now on.

Enough of that.  So it is September and I have been painting chickens.  They are in the new harvest show at Art Plus gallery, which incidentally is having an opening tonight.  And I painted a new one yesterday!  The chickens are residents at Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, which is out by Harrisburg.  I took lots of pics back in July when we went, and these guys stood out as the ones I wanted to paint first.  There is also this duck which I haven't painted yet, but will!  I also spent a good portion of last week finishing up the frames for these buggers.  Fun, but time consuming.  Also extremely budget friendly which is always a welcome thing! I will post a chicken a day for at least the next 10 days so, come back tomorrow for some more poultry pleasantries!
And now... Chicken (or possibly a rooster...) #1.... and this ones called, "Are you lookin' at me?"

Are you lookin' at me?, 6" x 6", oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...