I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Getting ready for Art Plus opening on July 11th

I am currently busy, busy getting all of my ducks in a row for the opening where I am the featured new artist so I will be displaying as many paintings as I can!  My latest endeavor is making frames for all of my paintings.  Luckily I have some MAD wood working skills (not really... just mediocre) but enough to get by... Here are some of the steps taken to complete my frames.  I make a type of frame called a floating frame where the picture appears to 'float' in the frame.  Mainly because they are relatively easy to make.  Just time consuming.  And lots and lots and lots of sanding!!!



My chop saw named Frog for cutting the corner angles.  (Sitting on top of the table saw I use to rip the wood first)



The scary air compressor.  I finally got over my fear of this thing.  Had to.


My beloved air nailer. This is why I had to get over my fear of the air compressor.  It makes frame making much easier!


Love this clamp.  Worth every penny!  If you need to make a frame, get this!



Stain (also known as big fat mess)



Frames drying in the sun

If you want to learn how to make a float frame, here is a link to a youtube video that gives a great description of how to make one...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2aPROSgHaA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...