I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, May 17, 2013

One cut in half

Strawberries are in season!  Actually, they pretty much stay in the grocery stores year round now, but they definitely are tasting better than in the middle of winter.  Anyway, I have had this canvas sitting around my studio for awhile that is 4"x12".  It is an odd dimension, and I didn't know what to paint on it.  I thought, maybe a line of strawberries.  Here is the result! Strawberries are a challenge.  That red is kind of orange, and kind of purple in the shadows.  And the question arises, do you paint all the seeds?  Or do you just imply them?  I opted for the latter!

One Cut in Half, 4" x 12", oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...