I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Looking down the avenue - Beginning stages

So, I just started this one today.   Come back tomorrow, and I just may be finished.  The colors are bright and eye popping, and as I drive down St. Lawrence avenue, I always see these three houses, just like this, asking me to paint them.  I imagine what the avenue was like when they were built... no cars, horses, buggies, farm land, more people walking to where they were going.  Its nice to imagine.  Anyway, I think I will tone the colors down a bit, but the day I took the reference photo, the colors were quite strong, and I am trying to capture that! Still going with the looser style!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...